HistoryAlso known as Fairy Hill, the site shows a possible artificial hill with remains of a stone faced structure on the top, typical of a motte or castle mound. Around 35 ft high with a ditch around the base. Possibly one of the timber forts constructed around 11AD. Excavated in the early 1900's.
LocationNear Port Erin in the south of the Island.
Map Ref: SC 205 698
Locate the A7 in the south of the Island. Take the A5 from Douglas or A27 from Peel. The site is near Ballachurry overlooking the Rowany Golf Course.
Take the no. 1 or 2 bus from Douglas, or no. 8 from Peel. Walk to the site along A7 through Port Erin towards Ballachurry, about half a mile away.
Take the Electric Railway to Douglas and then the Steam Railway to Port Erin. Walk to the site along A7 through Port Erin towards Ballachurry, about half a mile away.