46°F / 8°C
Time: 6:31am GMT
Sunrise in 28 minutes
Current Weather >>
HistoryThe ancient parish church of St Runius, Marown. The original building was from approximately 1200 AD and was enlarged in 1754 AD. Three bishops are possibly buried here; Lonnan, Connaghan, and Runius. The old church was replaced around 1860, when a new church was opened. Old St Runius continued to be used occasionally for special services. The building was restored by volunteer labour and reopened on August 9th 1959. Services are now held during the summer and for all major festivals.
LocationLocated near Crosby along the B35. The site is slightly concealed by vegetation on the right side of the road.
Map Ref: SC 321 787
Travel to Crosby along the Douglas to Peel Road. From the village of Crosby take the B35 to the church. There is no car park, just park along the road.
Take bus no. 5, 5A, 6 or 6A from Peel or Douglas to Crosby and then walk along the B35 for about 1/2 a mile.
There is no rail service for this site.