Friday, October 20, 2017
You are here: Isle of Man > Isle of Man News
Isle of Man News
General News
Department of Transport launches Manx Grand Prix 2007 Road Safety campaign 13 August 2007

On Tuesday 14th August, the Department of Transport will launch its Manx Grand Prix Road Safety campaign.

This year’s Manx Grand Prix road safety campaign follows on from the successful ‘Take Itt Easy’ campaign used for the Centenary TT earlier in the year. The campaign features a series of Island residents who are all keen supporters of the Manx Grand Prix and collectively illustrate a variety of road users. The campaign headline, ‘Love the MGP, Love life, Take ITT Easy’ presents a simple but positive message to make a lasting impression on all motorists during the MGP.

The campaign will include radio, print and online advertising and newspaper articles. ‘The key message from the Department to local and visiting motorcycle enthusiasts is to enjoy the Grand Prix, to take it easy, and not to speed or drink drive said Transport Minister David Anderson MHK. Billboards and posters will also be placed around the Island and on the Manx Grand Prix course reiterating the message of safe driving’.

The Mountain Road will remain two-way for the duration of the Manx Grand Prix unlike for the Centenary TT when the Mountain Road was made one-way due to the high number of visitors on the Island for the festival. It is also important to remember that there are prohibited areas around the MGP course which are marked with clear triangular warning signs. Spectators are asked to keep clear of these areas for their own safety and that of the racers. A large billboard will be placed at the Ramsey Hairpin to remind motorists that the Mountain Road is two-way and also asking spectators to stay clear of prohibited areas.

Gordon Edwards, Road Safety Manager said:

‘We are all looking forward to a busy and enjoyable Manx Grand Prix but please take heed of the road safety message and drive or ride safely around the Island’.

In addition, the Road Safety Unit will be organising static displays at various locations over the Island with the unit’s promotional vehicle, everyone is welcome.

More stories >>>  

Related News Articles
Mgp Road Safety Campaign Launched 16 August 2012
The Department of Infrastructure’s Road Safety team officially launched its MGP road safety campaign this morning, Thursday 16th August. [More]
Stay Alert, Stay Alive - Mgp 2011 Road Safety Campaign Launched 17 August 2011
The Department of Infrastructure and the Isle of Man Constabulary have officially launched the MGP 2011 road safety campaign. [More]
MGP 2010 Road Safety Campaign Launched 19 August 2010
STAY ALERT, STAY ALIVEThe Department of Infrastructure officially launched the MGP 2010 road safety campaign yesterday (18th August 2010). [More]
Department of Transport launches Manx Grand Prix 2006 Road Safety Campaign 17 August 2006
On Saturday 19th August, the Department of Transport will start its Manx Grand Prix Road Safety campaign. [More]
Home Affairs driving forward ambitious programme of savings and efficiencies 5 April 2013
THE Department of Home Affairs is continuing to drive forward an ambitious programme of savings and efficiencies in order to achieve its budget targets while minimising the impact on frontline services. [More]

Other Guides by Maxima Systems Ltd: Disney World