Molly Quirk's Glen Expands 8 September 2003
The Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, Hon John Rimington MHK, is
pleased to announce a significant enlargement of one of the Island's National
Molly Quirk's Glen, situated on the outskirts
of Onchan, has been one of the most popular National
Glens since it was first acquired in 1955.
The enlargement will provide for an additional 8 acres of land on the northern
side of the Groudle River to be opened to the public and managed by the
Department as a public amenity.
This development has been made through the generosity and charity of Mr. Harvey
Briggs C.P. of Ballakilmartin Farm.
The Minister wishes to place on record his sincere thanks for this gift which
makes a valuable contribution to the Department's policy of increasing the area
of broadleaf woodland open to public access.
Anyone wishing to assist this policy by making a similar generous gift of land
is most welcome to get in touch with the Department's Chief Forestry Officer, Mr
Robin Pollard at the Department's St John's offices (telephone 801263).
More stories >>>